Joseph Bobrow, Ph.D.
LAISPS Guest Instructor
February 24, 2018
9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Course will be held in the LAISPS Classroom
12011 San Vicente Blvd., Suite 520
Los Angeles, CA 90049
This Course is Approved for 4 CE/CME’s
Elizabeth E. Berlese, Ph.D.
Extension Program Chair
Forging a subject, becoming able to express, value, and learn from subjective experience, and constructing a durable sense of personal agency constitute an important part of the analytic process. Developing the capacity to make use of the analyst, other “others,” and eventually to meet, subject to subject, likewise is an analytically developmental trajectory. Being open to experience that is not easily classified as subjective or intersubjective, that may even defy cognitive understanding, can paradoxically add depth and meaning to life that may remain otherwise unavailable.
GOALS & OBJECTIVES
Upon completion of this activity participants should be able to:
- Identify three key dimensions of the psychoanalytic encounter and their interplay.
- Recognize the respective developmental capacities they require and grow.
- Compare these dimensions and their respective contributions to analytic experience and a life well-lived.
- Become conversant with experience, solitary and relational, that cannot be captured with conceptual formulations.
CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS (CEU’S)
Important Disclosure: None of the planners or presenters of this CME/CE program has any relevant financial relationship to disclose.
Accreditation and Credit Designation Statement
Accreditation Statement: LAISPS is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/CMA) to provide continuing medical
edu cation for physicians. LAISPS takes responsibility for the content, quality and scientific integrity of this CME activity.
Physicians: LAISPS designates this educational activity for a maximum of 4 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits. Physicians should only claim credit
commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. This credit may also be applied to the CMA Certificate in Continuing Medical
Psychologists: LAISPS is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. LAISPS
maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Social Workers and Marriage and Family Therapists: LAISPS is approved by the Board of Behavioral Sciences to grant continuing education
credit to those holding LCSW and MFT licenses. (Provider #PCE311) This activity is designated for 4 credit hours.
- Participants must complete an online evaluation within 2 weeks of completing this CE/CME activity in order to receive credit.
- According to APA guidelines, CE credit can only be awarded to psychologists for full attendance